Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pencil eyeliner: The must-have of every makeup addict

I am always on the look-out for good eyeliners so I have accumulated a few and thrown away a few. So I decided hey why not do a review since I have a few free hours on my hands at the moment.



Estee Lauder automatic eye pencil duo in black:
This is possibly one of the worst eyeliners I have ever tried (Remember these are IMO) because not only does it smudge and get all over my crease and everything it just doesn't stay. I find myself having to layer eyeshadow over it just so it will stay but considering it still transfers on my crease and I don't know why I still bother using it but my mom bought it for me so... damn... just not a good product in general. However it does come with a replacement top instead of throwing the whole pen away once you're done but I'd still rather a recycling program. Plastic.
Rating:
Product : 0/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging: 3/5
Environmental: 2/5

Rimmel Extreme definition eye pencil duo in black and white:
Meh for a drugstore product I wasn't expecting much, not good for waterline I'll tell you that but it doesn't smudge anywhere near the extent of Estee Lauder so I'm okay with it. Staying power is okay for the price and I guess you get two colours so it's cool. Not a repeat buy for me though. Wood, plastic caps.
Rating:
Product: 2/5
Price: 4/5
Packaging: 1/5
Environmental: 0/5

The Body Shop eye definer shade white:
This one is just too hard to be a regular eyeliner and even when you do use it for there it doesn't stay long but not enough colour payoff or staying power for the waterline, it's quite sad for me actually...At least it doesn't smudge? Wood, metal lid.
Rating:
Product: 1/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging: 2/5
Environmental: 0/5

Dior crayon eyeliner waterproof in Brun intense:
Sadly another Dior product that failed me, this just doesn't have staying power which surprised me considering it's 'waterproof' it doesn't smudge much (If any) but still not worth the money. Damn it Dior stop ripping me off for these eyeliners, I trusted you, I really did. Wood, metal bits.
Rating:
Product: 3/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging: 2/5
Environmental: 0/5

Lancome le stylo waterproof in prune:
This is an okay eyeliner, I believe I paid $27 for it just so I could get a gift at Holt Renfrew. Hard and tugs on the skin a bit but it's decent, lasting power is okay, doesn't smudge unless you really try to, howeverrrrrr whoever designed this product must not have been the brightest considering if you twist up a bit too much product it doesn't go back down. Plastic.
Rating:
Product: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Packaging: 1/5
Environmental: 0/5

MAC eye Kohl in Fascinating:
This died after I took a nap at the school, lasted about 5 hours on the waterline (Sort of, at least it was visible to an extent). Smooth application, soft, nice product though doesn't last too long against touching but at least it comes off with grace and isn't everywhere. Wood, plastic cap, no recycling program for this one.
Rating:
Product: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5
Environmental: 0/5

MAC powerpoint eye pencil in engraved:
For the waterline this one is also a no, but for around the eye, this doesn't move! It stays where I put it and is still visible by the end of the night (Which I love) perfect essential eyeliner for sure, I love it. Carbon, plastic cap, no recycling program for this one as well.
Rating:
Product: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Packaging: 3/5
Environmental: 2/5

Overall I'm fairly okay with MAC and Lancome, MAC more so for the price of what you're getting. For the waterline however I'm still on the look-out, I believe I will be trying Power Kohl from MAC (In Feline) a little later considering it is still available at one of The Bays I went to, perhaps Urban Decays 24/7 eyeliner as well (In Yeyo). Anyways how is everyone today, sorry I missed yesterday after that Spanish exam I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die but I'm back today.

BTW has anyone seen the new Guerlain holiday collection? Can you say 'GORGEOUS' ? (It's on Temptalia but I'll be posting pictures of it later ;D )

No comments: